Hemo test or Indicator of Monitoring the cleaning and washing Process to detect residual blood particles on surfaces
Hemo test RRS is a rapid and high-accuracy test for detection of blood residues. RRS kit is an test for detecting blood on the endoscopes, surgical instruments and also surfaces of washing or disinfectant machines and ultrasonic cleaner.
It should be noted that this RRS test is one of the new hospital accreditation assessments that are used with protein test to check the quality of instrument washing.
Specifications of RRS hemo test
- The colour change from colorless to greenish-blue within 1 minute indicates that there are blood residues on the surfaces.
- Detection of blood residue from 0.1 μg
- Insensitive to fingerprints (No false positives)
Instruction for use
1. First, add B tube of Hemo test RRS that it contains the clear solution into A tube.
2. Shake A tube after adding the solution of B tube, Immediately, until the content of A tube is completely disappeared in the solution.
3. Rub the swab firmly over the desired surface, if the surface is wet and if the surface is dry, first, moisturize the swab by sterile or distilled water and then rub it firmly over the desired surface.
4. Unscrew the A tube, insert and swirl the swab in the clear reagent.
5. The colour change from colorless to greenish-blue within 1 minute indicates that there are blood residues on the surfaces and if the intended surface is free of blood residues, the colour of the indicator solution should remain colorless .
6. Record the results of the hemo test detection in the RRS CSSD Documentation NoteBook.
– The high level of blood residues changes the indicator solution color completely to greenish-blue.
– The content of A and B tubes have to be protected from sunlight and UV radiation.
– The yellow color of the mixture solution is part of the activation process and it does not mean the presence of blood residues.
– Due to the instability of the solution in containers A and B, perform the test quickly
– If the answer is positive (greenish-blue colour), the result must be immediately recorded because the colour of the solution is unstable.
– The degraded blood by hydrogen peroxide or peracetic acid is not well detected by the Hemo-Test.
store in a refrigerator (4-8 c). Also stay away from light, high heat , disinfectants and chemicals.
18 months after the production
Download Catalog of RRS Hemo test
Please Check out file at the following link