Formaldehyde Category Control indicator
Formaldehyde Category Control indicator (PCD) (RRS 14-14520) is used to monitor a set of devices and packages in ethylene oxide (EO).
- Air leakage
- Incompatible gases
- Insufficient Airflow
- Gas penetration (FO) into the interior surfaces of equipment such as narrow pipes, pipes, and perforated fittings
The Formaldehyde PCD contains a stainless steel chamber and a helix tube (1.5 meters). Inside the stainless chamber is a grooved plastic piece. The indicator strip is inserted into the grooved plastic piece.
Instructions for PCD RRS
- The 4-dot test strip should bend in the middle. The part with the indicator is placed inwards (Figure 1).
- Insert the bent part into the groove of the plastic piece (Figure 2).
- Close the cap of the metal container (Figure 3).
- Place the PCD and the set of packages in the empty autoclave chamber. When the autoclave cycle is done, take out the 4-dot indicator and evaluate it. The color change is permanent and the test strips can be documented.
How does an autoclave work?
At the beginning of the sterilization period, the vacuum created by the device evacuates the air inside the device and the helical tube. In the second stage, with the entry of sterilizing agents (FO gases) into the spiral tube and then the chamber, the 4-dots indicator inside the chamber or test pack changes color. At the end of the sterilization cycle, the color of the indicator strip is evaluated.
The brown color of the indicator has to turn green.fully to make sure of the sterilizer’s accurate function. If you do not see the green color, the device vacuum and gas inlet must be evaluated by the technical manager of the device. Failure to completely change the color of the indicator is the result of insufficient sterile conditions (gas, humidity, temperature) to penetrate the helical tube and PCD body.
Please Check out file at the following link